Please donate your First Fiver
The new five pound notes have been released in the UK.
Will you donate your #firstfiver to Thatu to help self-help and home-grown projects in poorly resourced communities in South Africa? Click on the link below to donate £5
thatu is delighted to be an affiliate for Sarah Raven's gardening online shop.
Buy your gardening supplies through Thatu's website by clicking on the 'Shop here' link on the image above and you will be redirected to shop for all your gardening plants, seeds and equipment at Sarah Raven's award-winning website.
What is thatu?
thatu was created in the UK in 2004 by a handful of people who had been inspired by the initiatives of many communities working against the odds in South Africa to grow a new future for themselves. We support such self-help and home-grown projects in poorly resourced communities in South Africa so that they can flourish and reach their full potential – sustaining the future.
• Projects targeting needs identified and articulated by the community.
• Long term and sustainable programmes.
• Effective communication within communities.
• Partnerships with like-minded organisations in South Africa.
• Communication between thatu's Friends and supporters, and the projects they support to ensure that we learn from our experiences.
We support community self-help schemes that:
• Grow food to improve nutrition
• Target needs identified and articulated by the community
• Embed long term and sustainable programmes
• Encourage initiatives by women and children
• Support those affected by HIV/AIDS
• Make sustainable improvements to the environment
• Generate income in their communities.
UK Registered Charity No. 1108655
Copyright © 2016 Thatu
Website designed by Singularity Web Design